January 26, 2013

Like A Great Bra

So about my sister -- Katie.  We always say: we are so much alike!  Then today I said: we are so different.  And then she said: and yet so similar.  Let me just say, I almost cried.  I'm the oldest so I don't really know what it's like to have someone a few year older that I absolutely love and adore.  Now I'm not just talking myself up.  I know she loves and adores me because of everything she says and does.

When I first arrived back in Texas at the beginning of January, dad took me and Austin to pick up Katie from color guard.  I was so excited to be back in that environment; see some of their show and watch Katie throw around the flag and rifle.  But when I got there, I experienced something much greater.  Katie ran up to me and threw her arms around me.  She was so happy to see me!  And she pointed to me and said: this is my sister! (in a loud whisper even though everyone had stopped what they were doing and they were all watching us) Then I heard some of the other girls say: they totally look the same! and things of the sort.  Katie always tells me how she tells everyone how alike we look and they don't believe her.  Then they see Taylor and/or Austin and say: wow!  The fact that she's even proud to look like me and the bro's makes me so happy.  I love that she loves me so much.  In that moment and ever since then, I have been so glad to not have someone older than me to look up to because if I did, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how lucky I am to have Katie look at me that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment